Educational and Food Delivery Information
As of Noon on March 19th, almost all of the initial educational materials have been delivered. Below is a schedule of our weekly deliveries, moving forward, which may change as conditions warrant.
- Mondays – Food delivery, between the hours of 9:30am and 1pm
- Wednesdays – Educational materials drop-off/pick-up, normal MORNING bus run hours
- Thursdays – Food delivery, between the hours of 9:30am and 1pm
- Food drop-off: please follow the instructions provided by the Foodservice staff, when you signed up. Watch for the bus and pick-up from the agree upon location.
- Educational materials: please have the materials ready for pick-up at the normal MORNING bus time, at the normal pick-up location.
- Feel free to leave the material in a clearly marked bin, to minimize person-to-person contact.
3/12/2020 (Updated on 3/19/2020)
As the CoV-19 pandemic continues to progress, our region is experiencing cancellations at a variety of events. Below is a list of the cancellations for events that would likely involve AVCS students (most recent changes are in BOLD):
- NYSPHSAA Regional and State Championships (Ice Hockey, Bowling, Boys and Girls Basketball) – postponed indefinitely
- Missing Children’s Basketball Tournament
- Junior Class College Parent Night – postponed until further notice
- AVCS Science Fair and Parent Night – postponed until further notice
- Ithaca College Gospel Fest
- PEAK Music Festival
- Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser (added 3/19/2020)
- Kids’ Fun Night (added 3/19/2020)
Child Mind Institute: Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus: Kids worry more when they’re kept in the dark. (https://childmind.org/article/
NPR: Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus (https://www.npr.org/sections/
Johns Hopkins’ COVD-19 Mapping (https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6)
Centers for Disease Control (www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html)
NYS Department of Health (www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/)