Classes for students attending Au Sable Valley Central School will convene on Thursday, September 6, 2018. School will be in session for the entire day on opening day. School officials would like to emphasize the following information for residents of the school district:
1. Prior to the first day of school, parents of registered Kindergarten children should receive letters with name tags and room assignments for their children. If you have not received opening day information by August 24th, please contact the school. Bus numbers will be designated for all students who will be riding a school bus.
2. Elementary School students are to report to their assigned homeroom on opening day.
3. Middle School-High School students will be mailed schedules and related information on or about August 23rd. New students must register with a School Counselor in the School Counseling Office, as soon as possible.
4. The following lunch and breakfast prices will be in effect for the 2018-2019 school year at Au Sable Valley Central School:
ELEMENTARY: Breakfast – $1.65, Lunch – $2.50, Doubles – $1.50, Veggies – $1.00, White Milk – $.75, Chocolate Milk – $.75, Ice Cream – $.90, Adult Lunches – $4.00.
MIDDLE SCHOOL-HIGH SCHOOL: Breakfast – $1.85, Lunch – $2.75, Doubles – $1.50, Veggies – $1.00, Salads – $3.50, White Milk – $.75, Chocolate Milk – $.75, Ice Cream – $1.00, Oatmeal – $1.00, Adult Lunches – $4.00.
5. The school day for the upcoming 2018-2019 Pre-K Students will be the same school day schedule as K-6 Students. The start of the day is 7:45 a.m. with dismissal at 2:05 p.m. Because of this unified schedule, we will be transporting four (4) year old Pre-K Students on our regular morning and afternoon bus runs.
6. Transportation routes for the 2018-2019 school year for everyone will remain the same as the 2017-2018, unless individually notified. Reminder: Bus Drivers must see a parent or guardian to drop off an elementary student unless other arrangements have been made with the Transportation Department for the school year 2018-2019.
News Release (Continued) – 2 – August 3, 2018
7. Parents and students are reminded that the regular starting and dismissal times for the school buildings are as follows:
7:45 a.m. – 2:05 p.m. for all students at Keeseville and Au Sable Forks Elementary Schools.
8:14 a.m. – 2:42 p.m. for all students at the Middle School-High School.
8. Parents are reminded to check in at the Elementary School office or Attendance office at the Middle School-High School upon entering to pick up a visitor’s badge.
Students, or parents having questions concerning school matters, are requested to call for information as follows:
Au Sable Valley High School – Mr. Javier Perez, High School Principal
Au Sable Valley Middle School – Mr. Christopher Fey, Middle School Principal
Au Sable Forks Elementary School – Mrs. Ginene Mason, Principal
Keeseville Elementary School – Mr. Kevin Hulbert, Principal
Dean Lincoln, Administrative Director of Student Transportation and District Technology
Telephone: 834-2851 or 834-2834
Paul D. Savage II