IMPORTANT WINTER SPORTS UPDATE (11/20/20)
As some of you know, the Governor’s office, as well as NYSPHSAA (this is the High School Athletic Association for NY) have approved low risk and moderate risk sports to start as early as November 30th. At AVCS, this means we can consider offering Boys’ and Girls’ Indoor Track, Boys’ Swimming and Boys’ and Girls’ Bowling at AVCS for the winter.
- Once Mr. Hulbert receives all sign-ups (after December 1st) he will email parents and students about a Google Meet for a Mandatory Preseason meeting; this meeting will focus on COVID protocols and is mandatory in order to participate.
- High Risk Winter Sports (Basketball and Wrestling) sign-ups will be sent out after the Governor hopefully gives his approval of those sports (likely in late December).
- If you are traditionally a basketball player or wrestler, I highly encourage you to sign up for Bowling, Boys Swimming or Indoor Track/Conditioning now. I believe it will be possible for student athletes to play basketball or to wrestle and still be on the Boys Swim Team, Bowling Team or Indoor Track team…that scenario will be allowed and likely would only result in some conflicts which we could manage should the time come.
- If you are a 7th, 8th or 9th grade girl and you were disappointed in the fact that we only offered Varsity Girls’ swim in the Fall, you may sign up for Boys’ Modified swim now. We do have a process we must go through in order for a female to participate in a boys’ sport, but the first step would be for you to sign up and then I can explain the process to you and your parents.
- To participate in these sports, all students must have an up-to-date physical on file at school (within the last year). I mention this so parents can try to schedule a physical now with their physician, if needed.
- A Mandatory Pre-season meeting for coaches will also be set-up after December 1st
Welcome to AuSable Valley Central Schools Health, Physical Education and Athletics site. AVCS is committed to the education of the total individual – intellectually, emotionally and physically. We present students with a wide variety of experiences that will contribute to growth and enhance quality of life, both here on campus and for years to come.
The curriculum has been developed with offerings aimed at the development of individual wellness and lifetime activities based on perceived and demonstrated student needs. Our department looks forward to contributing to your total education of the mind and body.
AVCS Athletics is dedicated to the student/athlete’s success and enjoyment as they grow through our program.
With an emphasis placed on character and sportsmanship we have created a winning tradition that has been rewarded with numerous championships and post-season honors.
Our state-of-the-art facilities are utilized to ensure proper competitive development with emphasis on achieving an individual’s full potential. Many of our student/athletes continue on to play at the next level where they take the same ideals learned at AVCS to be successful in their future endeavors.
Executive Principal of Athletics,
Pre-K Education and Curriculum
518-834-2800 ext. 3112
AVCS Sports Offerings
|Fall Sports||Winter Sports||Spring Sports|
|Boys Soccer||Alpine Skiing||Baseball|
|Cross Country||Bowling||Boys Golf|
|Football||Boys Basketball||Boys Lacrosse (merge with PHS)|
|Girls Soccer||Boys Swim||Boys Track|
|Girls Swim||Girls Basketball||Girls Tennis|
|Gymnastics||Girls Hockey||Girls Track|